ENGAGE - the board game is designed to help teams practise Engage Universe approaches, develop their sales skills, and embed these key skills so their use becomes easy and natural.
The board game is typically used either during a Building Business Relationships workshop, and/or subsequently as a key element in team coaching initiatives where they develop sales skills over an extended period.
Sales skills reinforced through game-play are:
- reading and adpating to different behaviours
- I We U conversation openings
- SHAPE questioning - so that you can uncover value
- Focus-5 questioning
- use of Spicy Questions
- use of Need-Feature-Benefit
Feedback - impact of the game
- 'The game is a great tool to use in team meetings. We spent 15-20 minutes playing the game at the end of our weekly team meetings for two months after the training program and it really helped develop our skills.
- From UK-based facilitator Alex Smith: 'I've been using the ENGAGE game with my 4 Arup learning groups and they have all loved it. It has been a really useful way of revising and honing skills covered in the Building Business Relationships workshop, and to practice new bits like Focus 5 and Spicy Questions which I had introduced at the beginning of the group sessions.'
Feedback - playing the game
- 'Very good, practical, want more.''
- I found it really tough (fast reactions needed).
- ''Fantastic training tool! ''Pushes you.'' Shame we didn‘t have more time on this, fun but practical use of skills.'
- 'This highlighted our lack of learning – the idea is great but we hadn‘t sufficiently learnt all techniques so couldn‘t participate as well as we would have liked.